Friday, August 29, 2008

oVeR gEnaRaLitY


This afternoon my sister,Ann Sze wearing a nice dress and seems like she's going out with her boyfriend.I asked who is she going out with,then she stared at me with her eyes widen and answered,''I'm going out with ''someone'' My mother asked her "Where are you going?What time are you coming back?'' My sister answerd"I'm going out with my friend,I'll be back late today". After few seconds,her friend reach my father's office and before she go she said"Bye daddy,mummy,jie jie''.







My mother asked me"what your sister mean by coming back late and what time do she mean by late?10pm?12am?1am?Her attitude has become worse!''I just answer''I have no idea what time she mean by late but you can call her later and ask her''.Well,my sister answerd in a way that is over genarality and she didn't answer the important point that my mother wants to know.



She told my mother she's going out with friends and she'll come back late today but she didn't specific which friend and what time does she mean by late.''A good answer will never let a listener to ask another question.'' So,we have to avoid answering in over generality way.

No comments: