Sunday, August 31, 2008

NoT sTaTeMeNt...!!


I watched a very touching chinese drama today,the story is about a little boy that have a kind of weird sickness. The scientist can't figure out what type of sickness is that and what causes it. Inside the drama,the doctor said this to the little boy''Boy,you have to eat these medicine every morning and evening with an empty stomach so that you will get well faster and run like other boy out there.So be a good boy and listen to what doctor say all right?'' The doctor is telling the boy to follow the direction given by him to eat those medicine with empty stomach,it's an instruction and it can never be a statement or claim.


Beside that,my mother often use sentence that are not a statement too. For example,this evening I'm taking bath at upstairs and she's watching television downstairs with my father,suddenly i heard someone shouting at me "ANN NEE GIRL,COME DOWN!''. I'm use to it and i knew that the only person who will shout like this will only be my mother. I shout back at her''Wait mom,I'm taking my shower now!!'' Well, the sentence that my mom had create ''ANN NEE GIRL,COME DOWN!'' is not a statement. This is a command and a command can never be a claim neither.

No comments: