Monday, September 1, 2008

sIcK oF eXaM~~


I’ve been doing revision for my Management exam after hanging out with my friend for the whole morning and afternoon. I’m really bored of reading those notes. I told my mom’’ Mummy! I’m sick of reading all this! I hate University life! It’s always about exam and assignment! It’s not that fun like what you guys say!’’.


My dad heard what I say and he said this to me’’ If you really put effort in your study, then you’ll get a flying colours result.’’ Well, I did put effort on my study, is just that sometimes I feel sick of it.




From the sentence that my dad had just used, it express more than one idea. The sentence ‘’ If you really put effort on your study, then you’ll get a flying colours result’’. A statement that express more than one idea is a compound claims. There are three types of compound claims, disjunctive claims, conjunctive claims and conditional claims.




My dad’s statement is a conditional claims. Conditional claims is a claim that used the word ‘’If ... then...’’, there are antecedent and consequent in a conditional claims. ‘’If you really put effort in your study, then you’ll get a flying colours result.’’ The sentence after ‘IF’’ is called an antecedent and sentence after ‘THEN’ is called a consequent.







No comments: